Welcome to Painted Hand Farm

Painted Hand Farm is a 20 acre Civil War era farm located in Cumberland county, Pennsylvania. We raise meat goats, veal calves, turkeys and organic vegetables using humane and sustainable agricultural practices.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The New Gals In Town

It's a sad fact of life. Kids grow up--both goat kids and human kids. Sometimes when the human kids who have spent years in 4-H and FFA grow up, their parents are left with grown goats who have become like members of the family. So when one of Jess's fellow 4-Hers contacted me about my quest for some quality meat goats to supplement my customers' orders, I agreed.

Over the years, I have watched as the goats from their farm were lovingly primped and cared for so they would shine in the show ring come fair, Roundup or Farm Show. Our children helped each other show their numerous breeding stock projects. So it came as little surprise to me when I got home and decided to add four gorgeous does into our breeding herd.

Meet Ears, Lola, Barbie and Annie.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:12 AM

    They look like some great does! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete