Welcome to Painted Hand Farm

Painted Hand Farm is a 20 acre Civil War era farm located in Cumberland county, Pennsylvania. We raise meat goats, veal calves, turkeys and organic vegetables using humane and sustainable agricultural practices.

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

He's So Right

I'm sure you're wondering how this relates to the farm, but when I watched General Colin Powell (retired), who was the Secretary of State under the Bush administration AND a Republican on Meet the Press this morning, I was very moved. Why? As a meat goat farmer who caters to ethic customers, especially Muslims, I've been verbally attacked in public at the local farmers market for "supporting terrorism". On more than one occasion, I've had people stand in front of my space during market hours and ask me [quite loudly] if I'm the farm who won't support our troops. Why? Because I sell goat meat to people of the Islamic faith. Colin Powell hit the nail on the head and this interview is probably the most sane, intelligent 7:09 minutes of the entire Presidential campaign.


No comments:

Post a Comment