Welcome to Painted Hand Farm

Painted Hand Farm is a 20 acre Civil War era farm located in Cumberland county, Pennsylvania. We raise meat goats, veal calves, turkeys and organic vegetables using humane and sustainable agricultural practices.

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2007

They Actually Listened

The last two nights have been bitterly cold. I mean record-setting lows. So, being practical, I had a talk with all the wide-bodies in the barn just itching to go into labor and kindly asked them not to kid until this arctic blast passes. Call me a nut case, but bless their hearts, those does actually granted my request.

That didn't stop me from checking on them every few hours and keeping my ear glued to the baby monitor all night long these last two nights. But today when the temperature shot up to nearly sixty degrees, Sissy, one of our purebred does, offered up a strapping set of triplets--two does and a buck. The does are both distinctly marked, as you can see. One has a white mustache and the other has a white ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment