Welcome to Painted Hand Farm

Painted Hand Farm is a 20 acre Civil War era farm located in Cumberland county, Pennsylvania. We raise meat goats, veal calves, turkeys and organic vegetables using humane and sustainable agricultural practices.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Weekend of Roasting Small Ruminants: Part One

Labor Day weekend always starts out with the Skarlatos Family Reunion Lamb Roast.
The newest member of the Skarlatos family joins in the tradition of picking morsels from the roasting lamb.
The cousins carving the carcass.

Nick and I have been friends for 30 years. He's nine days younger than I am and just got married for the first time a few weeks ago. I honored them with a three-tier layered carrot cake. For anyone who has ever had my carrot cake, you know what a special occasion this had to be for me to crank out a masterpiece like that!

Some things never change......like a good bonfire!

No comments:

Post a Comment